Gorilla Trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park
Gorilla Trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park is one of the most rewarding activities you can take part in while on your Congo safari in one of the most rewarding national Parks in Congo where you will get the chance to see and understand more about the endangered primate species as you also enjoy watching a number of rewarding attractions like; the different bird species, primate species like dent’s monkeys, Mona monkeys, l’hoest’s monkey, silver monkey among attractions. Interesting about gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega national park is the fact that the park is the only place where you can find the eastern lowland gorillas an interesting and different type of gorilla species from the gorillas in volcanoes national park and Bwindi impenetrable national park which you will get to understand more about the species when you take part in the activity. Although the world changed with the emergence of covid-19 but because of the numerous safety precautions that have been put in place, it has made Kahuzi Biega national park one of the most rewarding national parks in Congo to visit for a memorable experience.
Gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park 2021 will ensure that you have the utmost experience during your Congo safaris visiting the habituated gorilla families in the park. During gorilla trekking, you will get the chance to understand more about the eastern lowland gorillas a class of gorilla species that differs from the mountain gorillas from their different characteristics that you can get to see as you participate in the activity. This will be achieved when you spend one hour with them observing their behaviour in the wild, during the activity, you will get to know how they carry out the daily activities like how they co-exist with one another by observing their feeding patterns, how they co-exist with one another, their play time how they make their nests for overnights, grooming habits among other interesting features of the primates. During the activity, as you hike through the forests, you will also get to see a number of relief features like the dormant mountains Kahuzi and Biega among other attractions a for gorilla trekking experience in Congo.
Safety measures for gorilla trekking in Congo
For safety during covid-19 as you take part in gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega national park 2021 there are a number of safety measure that should be carried out in order to have a safe activity in the park and also to avoid the contraction of covid-19 for a rewarding safari.
- Before any tourist accesses the Kahuzi Biega national park, they should present a negative covid-19 certificate which must have been acquired 120hours before travel to the country in order to minimise the spread of covid-19 to the trackers and the primates aswell.
- While in the park, tourists are advised together to put on their masks as they take part in gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega national park in case one of the trackers contracted the virus while in the country.
- Temperature guns that will check for any temperature abnormalities which can be a sign of covid-19 are distributed at the park entrance and whoever is to access the park they should first be screened of their temperature to see if they are a threat to other trackers or the primates.
- Regular disinfecting of the exposed surfaces to avoid contaminating other surfaces which can lead to easy spread of the virus which can easily b spread through hands .
- Regular sanitising of the tourists hands should be ensured because of the fact that you might get in contact with contaminated surfaces which harbour covid-19 and also handshakes, hugs should be avoided to avoid spreading the virus.
Interesting about the Gorilla trekking experience in Kahuzi Biega national park is the fact that you can also take part in gorilla habituation which will give you an amazing experience not only trekking the gorillas but also taking part in the training of the lowland gorillas. In the park, if you’re interested in spending more time with the gorillas as compared to one hour during gorilla trekking then you should choose gorilla habituation which involves spending four hours with the gorillas. The activity involves accompanying a group of researchers to a number of gorilla families that are under the habituation process that is training the eastern lowland gorillas getting used to human presence. During the process you will capture authentic experiences of the primates and how they react t the different trainings, how they get used to human presence for an amazing experience while in the park.